Thank you, everyone, for supporting the 2020 Colonial Classic! Below are some tips to make your show more successful.
1. You can move in beginning 8am Thursday morning.
2. You should plan to practice over the horse show jumps on Thursday. This is "ticketed schooling". This is available from 10am-6pm in 3 different ring and is $20 for approximately 10 min. You can buy as many tickets as you need.
3. Ticketed schooling is available in the West Ring everyday all day. There is a free schooling ring.
4. Can't come Thursday? Don't worry! You can hack in the show rings before the show starts. You can then practice in the West Ring's ticketed schooling over decorated horse show jumps. Then you can do a blue/red schooling round before your over fences.
5. Confused about the blue/red? The blue/red (or red/blue) is a judged practice round. For instance, if you are in the Pleasure Horse, you will do your walk-trot, walk-trot-canter, then your blue/red, then your over fences. Anyone can do your blue/red trip for you. There will be a posted course for the blue/red. The judge can award you a blue ribbon, a red ribbon, or no ribbon. Didn't enter it? It's not too late!
6. Are you wanting to do the horseless horse show? ANYONE can participate! You can enter in the office on Thursday. The show will begin at 7. There will be courses posted at different heights and also a high jump competition. The entry fee is $25. Once you have entered you can participate in any class.
7. We will have hay available to purchase at 9/bale.
8. Have Fun and enjoy the HPNJ!!
9. Merchandise stand opens at 8am Friday.
Local Champions' Finals
Hunters and Jumpers
Harrisburg Farm Show Complex
Labor Day Weekend, September 4, 5, and 6 2020
The Colonial Classic Horse Show is a local champions' finals for local exhibitors. Launched in 2014, the Colonial Classic Horse show is a resounding success, drawing more than 520 exhibitors from 30+ local horse show series from six Mid-Atlantic States.
The 2019 Colonial Classic will be held at the Harrisburg Farm Show Complex on August 30th, 31st, and September 1st and will include Hunters and Jumpers.
To qualify, a rider must be a member of a participating local horse show series. Riders - through their respective horse show series - accumulate points in their division or divisions beginning January 1, 2020 through August 16, 2020. The top three riders from each division will be selected by their horse show series to show at the Colonial Classic
Click HERE for the Schedule
Click HERE for the 2016 Rules
Click HERE for the 2015 Prize List
Click here to view the 2014 Prizelist
Payment Link HERE